Towns to inspect homes for damage

Print Print
Saturday, July 12, 2008
— Homeowners outside of Janesville and Beloit who have to repair or rebuild their homes damaged by flooding will need to get permission from the county to do so.

The county will review inspections from town building officials and estimates from contractors to determine who can rebuild. If homeowners get the county’s permission to rebuild, then they can apply to their towns for building permits.

The worst damage took place in Fulton and Milton townships, said Scott Heinig, Rock County planning director.

Monte Krebs is the building inspector for those towns and the town of Janesville.

The Fulton Town Board this week voted to hire Mark Langer to work as an alternate building inspector to “help out,” said Connie Zimmerman, town clerk.

The Milton Town Board hasn’t made that decision yet, Chairman Bryan Meyer said. He expects Schrank can handle the load, but he’s not sure if it can get done in an appropriate timeframe.

Roland Hemmann works on contract with the town of Beloit as the building inspector. Chris Dodge is the building inspector for the town of Rock.

Building inspectors are paid through inspection and permit fees, Meyer said.

Last updated: 9:49 pm Thursday, December 13, 2012

Print Print