Fire destroys Fulton Township milk house

Print Print
Gazette Staff
Friday, January 18, 2008
— A milk house was destroyed and a garage heavily damaged after a fire here Thursday.

Edgerton and Milton firefighters responded to the fire at 11:58 a.m. at 5729 Highway 59. The fire started from an electrical heat lamp in the milk house, which was being used as a chicken coop, said Capt. Adam Walton with the Edgerton Fire Department.

A new pickup truck was removed from the three-car garage and was not damaged. An older car sustained smoke damage, Walton said.

Firefighters were on scene for an hour and a half and used 6,000 gallons of water to put out the flames. The chickens were not harmed, Walton said.

Last updated: 1:49 pm Thursday, December 13, 2012

Print Print