Public Record for Jan. 17, 2008
-- LUCAS S. VARELA, 41, of 1204 Richardson, Janesville, at 6:59 p.m. Tuesday at home on a count of physical abuse of a child.
-- BURGLARY Sunday to a home in the 800 block of Washington Street, Janesville. Nothing was reported stolen, but a steel door was damaged.
-- ESCAPE. Two Janesville Police Department officers were attempting to arrest Samuel A. Parker, 19, of 1325 Arch St., Janesville, at 8:16 p.m. Wednesday, when Parker fled in socks, athletic shorts and a T-shirt. Parker has not been arrested, and the incident is under investigation. He is not considered dangerous, a department spokesman said this morning.
-- BURGLARY Jan. 11 to Barlow Plumbing, 1525 Beloit Ave., Janesville. Nothing was reported stolen or damaged.
-- BURGLARY Tuesday to a home in the 1100 block of Somerset Court, Janesville. Two doors were reported damaged.
-- BURGLARY Wednesday to a home in the 1300 block of Oakhill Ave., Janesville. Nothing was reported stolen.
-- BURGLARY, Dec. 3 to a home in the 1300 block of Laramie Lane, Janesville. Four rings were reported stolen.
-- FELONY FORGERY Dec. 18. The Overtime Tap, 966 S. Jackson St., Janesville, reported receiving counterfeit $10 and $20 bills.
-- BURGLARY, Dec. 17 to a home in the 200 block of Randall Ave., Janesville. Reported stolen were $50, 42 oxycontin pills, 36 percocet pills and 12 oxaxepam pills.
-- CHIMNEY AND BASEMENT FIRE at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at 3701 S. Murray Road, Janesville. A passerby saw flames coming out of the chimney so stopped by this single-story home and reported it to the family. Creosote in the cap of the chimney built up and got hot enough to self-ignite, said Lt. Tom Fuller of the Janesville Fire Department. The high heat in the chimney also caused some of the joists of the metal chimney to leak molten creosote onto combustibles on the basement floor starting a fire in a 5-by-8-foot area. Damage was estimated at $3,500. Janesville firefighters remained on scene for 90 minutes.
Last updated: 1:52 pm Thursday, December 13, 2012