Janesville74°

Displaced family staying with relatives

Print Print
Gazette Staff
February 15, 2008
— A Janesville family and their cats were displaced after a fireplace blaze left holes in their home’s roof Thursday morning, firefighters said.

Janesville Fire Department shift commander Tim Ehlers said Thursday that Doug and Tonya Schade stayed with family members in Janesville after the fire left about $70,000 in damage at the 1009 Somerset Drive home’s kitchen and den.


Utilities were shut off in the home.


“It will be some time before they move back in,” Ehlers said.



Print Print