Walworth County to receive funds to rebuild

Print Print
Gazette Staff
Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Walworth County has been added to the list of Wisconsin counties eligible to receive federal public assistance disaster funds. The money can be use to help local governments rebuild public property damaged by recent severe storms, tornadoes and floods.

For approved public assistance projects, the Federal Emergency Management Agency will pay 75 percent of project costs. Wisconsin Emergency Management and the state or local organizations applying for funding will split the remaining 25 percent, with each paying 12.5 percent.

Public assistance projects may include debris removal, emergency-service costs and repair or replacement of damaged public facilities. The latter category includes eligible schools, libraries and other public buildings as well as roads, bridges, water control facilities, utilities and recreational facilities.

Last updated: 9:59 pm Thursday, December 13, 2012

Print Print