No one injured in Wednesday blaze

Print Print
Gazette Staff
Thursday, April 17, 2008
— A fire at 204 Cherry St. spread smoke throughout the two-story duplex apartment building at the corner of Cherry and Van Buren streets Wednesday.

Resident Pamela Jameson said family members and two cats got out of the home safely. Fire dispatch reported the event a dryer fire, but Jameson wasnít sure how it started.

Janesville firefighters responded around 9:30 a.m. By 10 a.m., some firefighters were rolling up hoses while others were opening or knocking out windows on the second floor of the building.

Janesville police blocked access to Cherry Street between McKinley and Holmes streets.

Jameson said clothes in the dryer and bathroom were ruined. The dryer had not been running when her husband noticed the fire, she said.

Last updated: 8:56 pm Thursday, December 13, 2012

Print Print