Judicial candidates interviewed
The nine had applied to fill post of Rock County Judge John Roethe, who will retire at the end of the year.
Gov. Jim Doyle’s selection committee interviewed six of the candidates Friday morning:
- Michael Fitzpatrick, Janesville, attorney with Brennan, Steil & Basting
- Ken Forbeck, Beloit, attorney with Forbeck, Elliot & Monahan
- Robert Krohn, Janesville, attorney with Roethe Krohn Pope
- Barbara McCrory, Janesville, Rock County family court commissioner
- David O’Leary, Janesville, Rock County district attorney
- Margery Tibbetts, Janesville, attorney with Brennan, Steil & Basting
Those not interviewed were Janesville attorneys Tod Daniel and Robert C. Howard III and Gary Rehfeldt, assistant Dane County corporation counsel.
Roethe's six-year term is due to expire July 31, 2009, and whomever Doyle chooses is expected to complete that term.