Gas leak affects four Janesville buildings

Print Print
Friday, November 2, 2007
— Firefighters made sure Thursday afternoon that four buildings were unoccupied after construction workers caused a gas leak at 220 St. Lawrence Ave.

The fire department and Alliant Energy crews were called at 4 p.m. after workers with All Phase Construction, Appleton, broke off the gas meter to the downtown building while tearing down the chimney. That meter fed the gas supply to the building, owned by Bradley Goodrich, said Bill Ruchti, shift commander at the Janesville Fire Department.

Firefighters checked the building to make sure nobody was inside, and also checked 202 St. Lawrence, 120 Division St. and 119 S. Parker Drive, Ruchti said.

Building occupants were allowed to return by 7:30 p.m., Ruchti said.

Last updated: 9:50 am Thursday, December 13, 2012

Print Print