Dunkin’ Donuts re-opens after fire

Print Print
Gazette Staff
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
— A popular Janesville Dunkin’ Donuts re-opened shortly after a minor grease fire.

The Janesville Fire Department responded to the fire at Dunkin’ Donuts, 1421 Milton Ave., at 4 a.m. Tuesday. Grease that had built up behind a 12-inch shield between the back wall and the fryer caught fire.

Janesville firefighters extinguished the small fire quickly. There was no dollar loss, said Lt. Cedric Hathway of the fire department, and no one was injured.

The shop was closed briefly until the Rock County Health Department could inspect the damage.

“We were there before 8 a.m.,” said Tim Banwell, environmental health director. “Everything looked OK. It wasn’t a big, damaging fire.”

Last updated: 10:45 am Thursday, December 13, 2012

Print Print