School transfers due Saturday

Print Print
Gazette Staff
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
— Families that want to move their children from one Janesville public school to another next fall must apply by Saturday.

Application forms are available in school offices or at the Education Services Center, 527 S. Franklin St.

Parents residing within the school district who would like to choose a school within this district but outside of their home school attendance area may apply.

Parents who received approval for a transfer last year do not need to reapply unless their child is moving from elementary to middle school or middle school to high school.

Completed applications must be returned no later than Saturday, Dec. 15. District offices will not be open that Saturday, but any applications with a Dec. 15 postmark will be accepted.

A letter approving or denying the requests will be mailed no later than Jan. 15, according to a district news release.

Applications for transfers affecting children in kindergarten through fifth grade must be returned to the Administrative Services Office at the Educational Services Center, 527 S. Franklin St. Elementary-level transfer requests are subject to approval by Steve Johnson, the director of administrative services and human resources.

For more information, about elementary level transfers, contact the Administrative Services Office at (608) 743-5006.

Applications for transfers also must be made for kindergarten students who are enrolling for the 2008-09 school year and who have siblings currently approved for school transfer within the school district. Parents should complete the transfer application for incoming kindergarten students during the kindergarten enrollment period, Feb. 25-29, 2008, or March 3-7, 2008.

“While every effort is made to meet parent/guardian requests for kindergarten students to attend the same elementary school as pre-approved siblings, it is not guaranteed,” the district said in a news release.

Middle and high school applications must be returned to the middle or high school in the attendance area the family now resides. Middle and high school principals will approve these transfers.

For more information about middle or high school intra-district transfers, contact the middle or high school principal in your home school attendance area.

The district also will consider changes in elementary child-care arrangements after June 30, 2008, for the 2008-09 school year.

Last updated: 11:18 am Thursday, December 13, 2012

Print Print