Follow the Rock River down to the Mississippi and you will find yourself in Rock Island Illinois, an important city in railroad history.
The mighty Rock Island line took the city's name when founded there in 1851 and was an important link to Wisconsin railroads west.
In the 1950s at the zenith of its 130 year existence, the Rock Island Line made a feel good movie about itself, American industry. and he American way of life. Last week, I highlighted 1950s trains and autos from the film. This week is the film itself edited down to 10 minutes.
- Sun Prairie takes down short-handed Craig wrestling team
- Boys swim: Parker sweeps Craig, Madison East in conference dual finale
- Packers grab another ex-Colts' assistant coach
- UW-Rock County wins again in Wisconsin Collegiate Conference basketball
- One person killed in town of Beloit crash
- Inaugural Summit on Youth Mental Health aims to crush stigmas
- YWCA Rock County plans workshop on domestic violence and the workplace
- Hundreds expected to cycle through downtown Janesville in summer bike tour
- Lake Geneva man charged with filming self, co-worker in bathroom
- Walker issues 2 executive orders to fight opioid abuse
- UPDATE: Area residents report loud sound; officials investigate vehicle in field
- Former employee says Janesville Ulta sold used makeup as new
- Rural Janesville woman's body found frozen next to her car
- The big boom: Investigators have theory for explosion near Milton
- Parents of slain Marine tell about the boy they raised
- Janesville couple stay connected during husband's 10th deployment
- Abuse, neglect of local invalid Army veteran suspected
- Street killer: Fentanyl seen as root of Janesville overdose deaths
- DOT to close part of Highway 14 in Janesville during 2022 project
- U.S. Marine from Janesville reported killed in California