Follow the Rock River down to the Mississippi and you will find yourself in Rock Island Illinois, an important city in railroad history.
The mighty Rock Island line took the city's name when founded there in 1851 and was an important link to Wisconsin railroads west.
In the 1950s at the zenith of its 130 year existence, the Rock Island Line made a feel good movie about itself, American industry. and he American way of life. Last week, I highlighted 1950s trains and autos from the film. This week is the film itself edited down to 10 minutes.
As featured on
- Missing Edgerton woman last seen in La Crosse County
- Parker baseball team caps regular season with 10th straight win
- Giuliani: White House wants briefing on classified info
- Westosha Central ends Janesville Craig's softball season
- Janesville City Council to consider expanding sidewalk grievance policy
- Doesn't know Jack: Janesville man gets mystery Social Security payout
- New statute creates penalties for hosting underage drinking
- Exit polls suggest Irish voters have repealed abortion ban
- Speth gives up 3 hits as Delavan-Darien stuns Turner for regional softball title
- Badger Properties plans another industrial development in Janesville
- Crash on I-90 at Janesville as holiday rush begins
- Man arrested in connection with town of Beloit suspicious death
- Death notices for May 20, 2018
- Death notices for May 24, 2018
- Craig senior Campbell maintains level head through senior season, MLB scouting process
- Maintenance worker dies at town of Milton campground
- Death notices for May 22, 2018
- Death notices for May 19, 2018
- Death notices for May 23, 2018
- Death notices for May 21, 2018