Fire destroys Rockvale mobile home

Print Print
Shelly Birkelo
Friday, April 4, 2014

TOWN OF BELOIT—A physically disabled person, three dogs, four cats and several birds were rescued from a mobile home destroyed by fire Thursday night at Rockvale Mobile Home Park, 6219 S. Highway 51.

According to a Town of Beloit Fire Department news release, the fire was reported just before midnight Thursday at Lot 221 of the mobile home park.

When Rock County Sheriff's Office deputies arrived on scene they found light smoke showing outside the home. Deputies were able to assist in the evacuation of all residents and animals.

Town of Beloit and town of Turtle firefighters fought through smoke after entering the home when they found a fire in the ceiling of the kitchen that they knocked down quickly.

An overheated exhaust fan in the laundry room caused the fire, which has been ruled accidental, the release said.

The home, valued at $18,000, was a total loss. An additional $5,000 in damage was reported to the mobile home's contents.

The fire displaced mobile home owner Renee Pepper and three other residents. They are receiving assistance from the American Red Cross.

Edgerton EMS and the Harlem-Roscoe Fire Department in Illinois also provided assistance.

Last updated: 4:35 am Friday, April 4, 2014

Print Print