Public meeting set on County Highway NN project

Comments Comments Print Print
Staff | March 19, 2014

ELKHHORN--The Walworth County Public Works Department will hold a public information meeting for the upcoming County Highway NN reconstruction project on Thursday, March 27, from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. at the Public Works Department, W4097 County Highway NN in Elkhorn.

The meeting will follow an informal, open house format. Representatives from the Walworth County Department of Public Works (DPW) and their design consultants, Patrick Engineering, will be available to discuss the proposed project and address any questions or concerns.

The construction project is scheduled to take place in 2015 to coincide with the replacement of the U.S. Highway 12 bridges that will be constructed by the Wisconsin Department of Transportation.

The proposed project will reconstruct NN from approximately 1,200 feet east of Bray Road (east end of the Wisconsin DOT project at the Highway 12 overpass) to approximately 600 feet east of the entrance to Lakeland School.

The project includes reconstructing “in-kind” the roadway from Bray Road to just west of the DPW entrance with the addition of a multi-use trail adjacent to the north side of the roadway.

From the DPW entrance to the Lakeland School east entrance the roadway will be reconstructed to an urban section with curb and gutter. This section will include one lane in each direction with a two-way turn lane in the center and a sidewalk located along the south side of the roadway. As part of this project, the multi-use trail that is adjacent to the north side of the roadway from Bray Road to the DPW entrance will be connected to the White River Trail. This trail will then be built along the west side of the DPW complex southerly to the trail connection.

Residents, property owners, facility users, and persons with a concern for or knowledge about historic buildings and structures, archeological sites, existing drainage issues and field drain locations are encouraged to attend this meeting or provide any comments to the Department of Public Works.

Comments Comments Print Print