Marijuana brownies cause illness, police say

Share on Facebook Print Print
Gazette staff
February 3, 2014

JANESVILLE—A Janesville woman was arrested Thursday after two of her guests became ill from eating marijuana-laced brownies, police said.

Officers were called to 620 N. Walnut St. at 10:07 p.m. Thursday for a report of a possible overdose. They reported that two people at the house complained of vomiting, dizziness and shortness of breath, apparently from eating the brownies.

Arrested on a charge of delivering marijuana was Jessica A. Williams, 27, of that address.

Police report seizing just over 20 ounces of gluten-free brownies, which they estimated were worth about $60.

The brownies tested positive for marijuana, said police Sgt. Mike Blaser.

Police were not aware of any other kinds of drugs in the brownies, Blaser said.

Share on Facebook Print Print