Town of Milton house damaged in fire

Comments Comments Print Print
Saturday, October 12, 2013

TOWN OF MILTON—A house sustained $60,000 damage, and a family dog died despite firefighters' efforts to resuscitate it during a fire Friday night.

An electrical malfunction in the first-floor bathroom is believed to be the cause of the fire at the house at 11552 N. Lakeview Drive, according to a news release from the Milton and Milton Township Fire Department.

The call came in around 8:43 p.m. Friday. Firefighters arrived to find heavy smoke and some flames coming from the house.

The Edgerton Fire Department and sheriff's deputies assisted on the call.

The family was uninjured and stayed with friends. The American Red Cross was called in case the family needed assistance, the news release indicated.

Comments Comments Print Print