UW-Whitewater gets new look
WHITEWATER-- As thousands of Whitewater students return to late-night study sessions, dining hall food and football games, they're also noticing some new features around the campus:
Read the current edition here: http://www.server-jbmultimedia.net/CSI-WalworthCountySunday
Making a big splash
Students and visitors to the university will get a big splash out of a new landmark thanks to the Theune family. A series of waterfalls -- 135 feet long -- were constructed this summer and descend along the north mall, creating a natural focal point in one of the busiest sections of campus.
Jerry, Gregg, Carol and Tom Theune helped fund the waterfalls in memory of their parents, Warren and Virginia, who attended UW-Whitewater and met at a school play. All four of their children also attended.
Warren Theune joined the faculty in 1955, eventually becoming assistant dean and director of the student teaching program. Gregg Theune is retiring this month after nearly 33 years as the university photographer.
Limestone rocks from Door County and glacial rocks native to the Whitewater area were used to construct the waterfalls, located between James R. Connor University Center and Hyland Hall. Thirty-five lights illuminate the ponds and falls at night.
Read the complete story HERE.