Aldridge, Blazers dominate Bucks

Print Print
Associated Press
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
— LaMarcus Aldridge had 29 points and a career-high 19 rebounds, and the Portland Trail Blazers shook off injury problems to rout the Milwaukee Bucks 106-80 Monday night.

Former Madison Memorial High School athlete Wesley Matthews added 22 points for the Blazers, who have won three in a row and had only eight players dressed after losing Dante Cunningham early in the game. Rudy Fernandez added 17 points off the bench.

John Salmons scored 14 of his 23 points in the third quarter for the Bucks (10-16), who have lost three in a row. Keyon Dooling added 12, while Luc Mbah a Moute and Drew Gooden each had 10.

Bucks point guard and leading scorer Brandon Jennings was lost Saturday with a fractured left foot that will have him out four to six weeks. Jennings joined Corey Maggette, Carlos Defino and Michael Redd on the injured list.

The Blazers were without All-Star Brandon Roy (sore knee) for the third straight game. Centers Marcus Camby (strained shoulder) and Joel Przybilla (sprained ankle) were both out, forcing Portland to start 6-foot-8 reserve forward Cunningham at center. Cunningham left the game after getting knocked to the floor four minutes in and did not return.

Bucks center Andrew Bogut, coming off a 19-point, nine-rebound performance against Utah, could not capitalize on the size advantage, with just five points and five rebounds. Portland outrebounded the Bucks 43-35.

Matthews made his first five shots, including three thjree-pointers in a row, and the Blazers went up 20-7.

Dooling scored twice and Gooden added a three-point play and the Bucks whittled the lead down to 25-18 by the end of the quarter.

Milwaukee stalled in the second and the Blazers started compiling points. Nicolas Batum slammed down an alley-oop dunk and converted a free throw to make it 41-26. Aldridge put Portland up 52-31 after a three-point play, and the Blazers led by 24 at the half.

Salmons was scoreless in the first half, but he keyed a temporary Bucks comeback, scoring 14 of the teamís 25 points in third, and helping Milwaukee cut the lead to 18 by the end of the quarter.

Milwaukee got as close as 80-67 in the fourth after Earl Boykins made a 3-pointer, but Aldridge scored 11 in the fourth, and the Bucks got no closer.

Last updated: 3:46 pm Thursday, December 13, 2012

Print Print