|

Roosevelt Elementary School evacuated Friday

Comments Comments Print Print
Friday, April 21, 2017

JANESVILLE—Roosevelt Elementary School was evacuated briefly Friday morning after several staff members smelled natural gas.

The Janesville Fire Department was called to the school at 10:51 a.m. and completed an inspection.

The cause was a broken valve on a boiler, said Patrick Gasper, the district's communications specialist. The valve had vented the gas, and some of it was picked up by the air intake.

The gas coming through the air intake resulted in several people smelling it at the same time.

The boiler was fixed, and students returned to their classrooms before noon.

 



Comments Comments Print Print