Photos: Best of the Walworth County Fair
ELKHORN--The 165th Walworth County Fair got off to a great start Wednesday, Aug. 27.
Opening day ceremonies included honoring 4-H clubs, including Linn 4-H, which turns 100 years old this year,and visits by dignitaries such as Gov. Scott Walker.
Enjoy CSI photographer Terry Mayer's photos of the fair, here and in online galleries.
There's still plenty of time left to enjoy the fair in person, too, this holiday weekend—it runs through Sept. 1.
While you're there take in:
• Projects from members of 4-H, Boys and Girls Clubs and FFA, on display in the Jr. Exhibits Building
• Judging of traditional farm animals, such as cattle, sheep, pigs and poultry
• Judging of competitive open classes in categories like floral arrangements and antiques
• Midway rides and fun fair food, including that staple, the cream puff
• Grandstand entertainment, from demolition derbies to live music