DDHS fall sports gearing up
DELAVAN — Delavan-Darien High School athletes and their parents should plan to attend a mandatory fall sports meeting on Monday, July 28, at the school, located at 150 Cummings St., Delavan.
The meeting starts at 6 p.m. in the auditorium for incoming freshmen and students who have never competed in a sport before at DDHS. Continuing students who have already participated in DDHS sports can arrive at 6:30 p.m. for breakout sessions with their chosen team. Room assignments will be posted in the DDHS Commons.
Other dates of interest for athletes and parents:
• July 30: Sport Physicals at Mercy Delavan Medical Center, 1038 E. Geneva St., 1-5 p.m. Cost: $35
• Aug. 4: First day of practice: Football
• Aug. 11: First day of practice: Boys Soccer
• Aug. 12: First day of practice: Girls Tennis and Girls Swim
• Aug. 18: First day of practice: Cross Country and Volleyball